Happy Monday! It is the beginning of a new week so let’s make it a good one. To start the week off, I wanted to share with you my personal experiences and style through some amazing pieces of jewelry that I own. Each piece of jewelry expresses who I am or where I’ve been. I love that by wearing my jewelry I can bring memories with me everywhere I go. Plus, jewelry in general can change the style of so many outfits and make even the most basic outfits more trendy/chic.
1. My Brave Collection bracelet: I got this bracelet as a Christmas gift this year. It is gorgeous and it means Brave in Khmer. It is made in Cambodia by underprivileged artists. With each purchase, a donation is made to fight human trafficking, especially the Somaly Mam Foundation, which helps children who have been sold into human trafficking. This foundation is truly incredible. Take a look at all the bracelets here. I wear mine everyday.
2. Alex & Ani: This company is really huge right now. If you haven’t heard about them, check out their website here. They have a bunch of thin silver + gold bracelets with different charms. I love how my charms represent me. I have a charm that says NYC Subway Token, a charm that says LEO, one with a C on it, plus a few others. I really want to get the buddha charm for good luck.
3. My Hawaii Beads: While i was in Kauai, I went to an amazing luau and I bought these beads. They represent happiness and calmness. So, throughout my busy day I glance down at these and remember to be more peaceful. Plus, I remember the beauty of Hawaii.
4. My Saint Bracelet: This bracelet is from the Vatican from when I visited Italy and it is blessed by the Pope. I am not super religious or anything but I do believe in God and I believe that this bracelet is good luck.
5. My C typewriter necklace: I got this necklace with my sister in NYC. She has an S and I have a C. I love it. It reminds me of my dream to be a writer and also it reminds me of my best friend and sister, Steph. I wear it pretty much everyday.
6. My wishbone necklace: I got this necklace for my 16th birthday. I had to make a lifetime wish when I got it and I haven’t ever told anyone my wish. I have always kept it a secret. This charm is very special to me. I slip it onto a silver chain of mine for very important occasions.
Those are my prized jewelry possesions. For the most part, each of these pieces of jewelry brings a smile to my face for different a reason. Throughout my travels and throughout life, I hope to pick up more unique pieces with special meanings and messages. I hope this inspires you to do the same. Enjoy your Monday! It is supposed to be beautiful weather in NJ today. Maybe it will even be a beach day.