Sometimes you just need a good spa day, but if you’re like me- you don’t exactly have the time or money to go to a spa whenever you want. So, I developed a little At-Home Spa treatment. After a long day, there is nothing better. It’s a good idea to make all of these DIY Spa treatments around the same time and save them to pamper yourself, whenever. Sometimes, its just the perfect pick-me-up. Enjoy! xx
1. Vanilla Honey Bubble Bath: this smells amazing and you can usually find all of these products in your house. The recipe for this bubble bath is: 1 cup of light oil (almond, sunflower, or canola), 1/2 cup of honey, 1/2 cup of mild liquid hand or body soap, + 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
2. Homemade Facials: These are easy to make and they work wonders. In my opinion, why spend tons of money on a facial when you can do them yourself? These are good to for having a spa night with your girlfriends. Giving each other facials feels more like a real spa treatment.
3. Face Masks: Here are some face masks for different types of skin/issues. I have teeny tiny acne scars on my chin that always bug me so I am definitely giving the Acne Scars treatment a try.
4. Body Scrub: Body Scrubs are amazing because your skin feels completely rejuvenated after. For days after a body scrub, my entire body feels silky smooth. My favorite one in particular is this floral body scrub from Anthropologie’s blog. The directions are here.
5. Listerine Foot Soak: 1/4 cup listerine, 1/4 cup of vinegar, and 1-2 cup of warm water. Soak your feet for 10-20 min and your dead skin will practically wipe off. It’s crazy and I love it.
6. DIY Hair Mask: Hair masks are so important. I usually just kind of roll my eyes when I see hair masks in the beauty aisles at grocery stores. But my hairdresser recently told me that hair masks are really vital to keep hair healthy. Your hair is like your skin and needs moisturizer from time to time. This hair mask is made of 3 easy ingredients. You mix them together and leave it on your hair for 30-60 min.
7. Lip Scrub: Because who doesn’t want soft, kissable lips. Recipe here.
Hope you guys go off to create your own spa day now. You deserve it!